Tuesday 21 January 2014

How to wash your make-up brushes!

As a make-up artist, your brushes are your babies, so it is essential that you look after them correctly! I have accumulated an array of brushes over the years, and I must admit that, before I was trained, I wasn't always aware that there was a certain way to wash them (I would just throw the out when I thought they were gone- I know, I know, shocking!). It was only when I enquired about skin breakouts to a make-up artist on holidays one year, and she asked me about washing them, that I realised where I was going wrong! 

Thankfully, I learned how to care for my brushes correctly, and in turn, noticed a massive difference in my skin and my make-up, and this certainly paid off when I went to college to study make-up artistry. I was interested to discover that a lot of girls in my class had, like me before, been un-aware of how to care for their brushes and wash them properly. 




                                             My Brush Belt


How to Wash your Brushes:

I've put together this step-by-step pictorial for you guys, on how to clean your brushes properly, all you will need is some Johnson's Baby Shampoo and luke-warm water :)

*Johnson's Baby Shampoo is kind to your brush hair and will leave them soft and good as new!

Step 1- Put a pea-sized amount in the palm of your hand and gently lather the hair of your brush, remebering to AVOID the handle/wooden part as this will cause your brush to damage and weaken the glue!

Step 2- Rinse the hair under luke-warm water, and manipulate the shape of the hairs back to it's original shape.

Step 3- Leave to dry over a flat surface, and hang the hair over the edge so as air can get to it to dry!




Happy Cleaning Dolls!

Leanne X












No comments:

Post a Comment